Tuesday 1 January 2013

#5: Happy New Year! Holiday prep

Happy 2013 to each and every one of you reading my blog. I hope this year brings you health, happiness and prosperity. Time flies, I can't believe it's been one week since Christmas and I hope you all had a lovely day.

I'm off on my travels on Thursday, my boyfriend Tom and I are going to Agadir in Morocco for one week and I can't wait. We've been away in January before and there's nothing nicer. It's always a bit of a depressing time after Christmas with not alot to look forward to. So in my eyes, a holiday is perfect.

One of my only goals for 2013 is to blog more. I am busy with work, but I have decided I have time to blog at least two times a week - I always seem to have a lot to say so it can't be that difficult!

Unfortunately, my holiday prep food and diet wise has gone down the pan - Christmas is like a free pass for me to eat myself into oblivion and that doesn't change just because I am going on holiday; in fact this year I think I've been even worse than usual. So to combat my Christmas induced bloat, I bought myself a cut out swimsuit... Brains.

Like all beauty obsessed girls, I love a holiday prep. This includes some heavy duty pampering and I thoroughly enjoy that. First up; nails. I got my fingernails done at Mint Salon in Birmingham, bio sculpture gel manicure with glitter. I had this done for Christmas when a lady came into my work with hers done - I am a total magpie, I see glitter and I want it. I have had them done again since Christmas the same colour because I really loved them and got lots of comments about them. I'm super impressed with bio nails, my natural nails were terrible and with daily Solar Oil application and my Bios on I can definitely feel them strengthening and growing day by day.

I chose copper glitter, but lets face it, it's rose gold. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

 
 
Next on the agenda is toes. Call me crazy, but you wouldn't catch me on the beach or poolside without a pedicure. Nobody wants to see the crusty soles of your hoofs on holiday - your feet need to be in good condition. This was hard for me to say the least. I have neglected my feet since August, so this was not a pretty site and a slight mission. My mum got me these incredible moisturising socks for Christmas which have been an absolute foot saver. The insides are coated in a moisturising gel that nourish your feet as you wear them. I pop my feet into these for twenty minutes or so and there is a huge improvement. I can't say they're the prettiest things in the world, but they do their job.
 
 



For my toenails, I stuck with the glitter side of things. This time I did a slight DIY job on them with my MAC Pro 3D Gold Glitter and Shellac. When I do my fingernails or toenails, I always prep my nails thoroughly beforehand; file, cuticle work, buff. I then went in with a base coat of Shellac that I cured, then on with a thin coat of red Shellac. I didn't cure that straight away and instead sprinkled the glitter onto the wet polish. I pressed down gently, cured and then applied two top coats to insure a smooth surface. I am really pleased with the result and hopefully they last the length of my holiday - saved me thirty odd quid even if they don't! I will take a back up polish just in case.



Now onto body prep. *Shudders*. I think unless you have a figure like Miranda Kerr, everyone gets the 'bikini fear' come holiday time, and I am all for doing small things to lessen that fear. Unfortunately, I was not blessed with an olive complexion and I certainly won't catch a tan in seven days, so I will fake it. Simple as that. Not even ashamed, how brazen of me! Tom tans so easily, so next to him if I didn't tan I would feel like a polar bear. I believe you should do what makes you feel happy and having a tan, fake or not, does that. It gives me a little bit more confidence to step out in my bikini and makes me feel slimmer. I ordered the new Xen Tan Moroccan Tan - how appropriate! I am yet to try it, that is happening tonight so I will be sure to tell you how I get on. Follow me on twitter as I'm usually raving about one product or another on there! @katelambieMUA


Obviously, with tanning comes dedication. Lots of scrubbing and shaving in the run up. Luckily that's another part of holiday prep. Salute the God of body scrubs...


If you have not tried this from Soap&Glory, I insist you do. It's gorgeous and works amazingly with all the tans i've ever tried, and I've tried alot. It's alot more inexpensive than most tanning companie's scrubs too. Smells good enough to eat as well. Plus points all round, thank you S&G.

So that's about it for holiday prep for me. I've had my hair done too and always make sure I tidy and tint my brows if I'm inbetween a HD Brows appointment. Is that too much?! On second thoughts, don't answer that...

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment